(p)IPHULA - (parallel) Inference of Population History Using a Likelihood Approach
(p)IPHULA is a software that investigates parameters
of population history based on a Monte Carlo simulation using the
maximum likelihood framework.
Further details on how to compile, install, run, and use this program
can be found in the (p)IPHULA manual (PDF).
The method is described in detail in the following documents:
- There is a paper in press on the current implementation
and parallelization of the (p)IPHULA software:
H.A. Schmidt, A. von Haeseler, and J. Buschbom (2007)
pIPHULA - Parallel Inference of Population Parameters Using a
Bioinformatics, 23, accepted.
- The method is described in detail in the following article:
G. Weiss and A. von Haeseler (1998)
Inference of Population History Using a Likelihood Approach.
Genetics, 149, 1539-1546.
(Genetics abstract page,
- There is an extensive (p)IPHULA manual (PDF).
- iphula-1.16.tar.gz (tar format)
- binary versions for Linux, MaxOSX, and Windows will be released soon